Pre-School in the Park!
- September 6 to October 25 - Fall into some fun on Wednesdays at 10 a.m. Every Preschool in the Park session will include a story time, in addition to hands-on activity or craft. Geared towards children ages 5 and under, this event is totally free and registration is not required.
- September 6 - Water Wheels are Wacky Fun! - Make your own water wheel like the one here at Wood’s Historic Grist Mill. (Activity does include water)
- September 13- Waiting for Wings - Learn about the life of a butterfly and make a catapultier- butterfly craft!
- September 20 - Life-size Lincoln Logs -Hear a story about the president they are named after. Then get the chance to play with the classic Lincoln Logs ad some extra large ones too!
- September 27 - Button Fun - Play old fashioned games with buttons and make your own whirligig!
- October 4 -C is for Campfire - Learn the camping alphabet and make a campfire craft.
- October 11 - Nature is a-MAZE-ing - Play in nature made mazes while learning how amazing nature can be!
- October 18 - Little Red at the Mill - Will you help us work by shelling and grinding corn then sifting the cornmeal. Try a sample of our cornbread after all the work is done.
- October 25 - It’s Unbe-LEAF-able! - Before we close for the season, one more day of fun. I will be unbe-LEAF-able!
Scout leaders can “Build-Your-Own Scout Experience” at Deep River County Park
Deep River County Park is the perfect place for scouts to meet requirements towards earning badges that include nature and history. Group tours are $5 per child and include a Deep River County Park Patch (leaders and chaperones are free). The program dates, times, and content are flexible.
Other Scout Projects
Deep River also welcomes scout volunteers for short-term projects. Scouts will receive a Deep River County Park patch after project is completed. Call 219-947-1958 for more information about booking your group tour or volunteering.