Discovery Trip Basics
Bellaboo's Reserved Group "Discovery Trips" - Where Learning is Fun
View our online request form!
About the Trips
Bellaboo's Discovery Trips offer a series of age appropriate education activities perfect for preschool through early elementary!
Themed Discovery Trips include:
- Children's Cooking
- Creative Activities
- Little Lessons
- Ability to stay and play all day!
- Admission: $6.50 per student for a Themed Discovery Trip
- Optional Art Lesson add-on can be added at $.50 per student
- Or $5 per student for an Unguided Exploration Trip
- Optional Children's Cooking add-on can be added at $1 per student
- One adult chaperone or teacher admitted free per every 5 children!
Additional adults will be the regular adult admission ($3.95). A adult/child ratio of 1 to 5 is recommend, at least 1 to 12 is required. Chaperones must be ages 18+, anyone coming ages 10-17 will be charged child admission as they are not considered chaperones. Unless they are being included with the rest of the class, it is not recommended that parent chaperones bring siblings during a Discovery Trip they are supervising.
Booking & Times
All group rates require a reservation made at least 2 weeks in advance with a set check-in time. Please allow at least 2 hours for your visit, and at least an additional 30 minutes if you plan on eating at Bellaboo's. Reservations can be made by calling 219-963-2070 Monday-Friday from 9 to 5. Bookings are based on space and availability.
15 student minimum required. 125 maximum, based on space
Have a larger group? Give us a call and we will work together to figure out how to get you all here!
Payment & Cancellation
A $50 deposit is required at least 2 weeks before your visit. Final numbers are required 1 week prior to your trip date. Final balance will be determined one week prior to your visit, and no adjustments will be made to balance within one week of visit. Final balance is due the day of your trip. (Deposit is non-refundable.)
Checks payable to Bellaboo's, and can be mailed to:
2800 Colorado Street
Lake Station, IN 46405
Groups needing to cancel will be given 1 year to reschedule without loss of deposit.
Food & Lunches
Bellaboo's offers several convenient lunch options (PDF). All lunch orders are required at least 2 weeks in advance of your visit. Please notify staff of any food allergies or special needs with making your reservation.
Outside Food is generally not permitted at Bellaboo's, however with a group reservation if space is available you will be given the option of renting a private eating area where you may bring in lunches. Please ask for details at booking.
Bellaboo's was designed with ALL kids in mind! Groups who may have children with special needs or abilities are absolutely encouraged to attend and participate. The building meets ADA psychical requirements for both adults and children. We are always willing to adapt activities as needed, and can make allowances for additional adults if that is something your group requires. Please just let staff know at booking!
Learn more about our fun, educational themed programs!
Educational activities may be altered or modified depending on the season, weather, group size, and ages of the children.
Discovery Trip Information for Parents & Chaperones
- Outside food is not permitted. Unless your group has reserved a private eating space, please do not bring any outside food or drinks.
- Put on some play clothes! Kids may go outside, play in water, and get hand's on with food ingredients and art supplies... Fun can be messy! Short sleeves and jackets are encouraged.
- Socks are required year round.
- Unless you have spoken with your teacher, and they will be participating with the rest of the group, we do not recommend you bring siblings with you while you chaperone.
- We welcome our trips to stay and play, but please check with your teacher to see if this is something they have planned for your group.
Bellaboo's expectations to our teachers, parents, grandparents, caregivers and other chaperones: Thank you for volunteering to guide your group on their Discovery Trip to Bellaboo's. To help make this experience relaxing and enjoyable, there are benches to sit on in each play area so you can watch the children play. It is important that adult chaperones help supervise and monitor the behavior of all children and students and model courteous behavior throughout the Discovery Trip.
We know that your group is excited to be at Bellaboo’s and that Bellaboo’s can be a stimulating place, so we need your assistance to make your Discovery Trip the best ever.
- Help children clean up before moving to another play area
- Keep the group you are chaperoning together at all times
- Make certain children have socks on. They are required in the soft play and infant/toddler rooms
- Remind the children not to run or jump in the Soft Play and ball pit zone
- Remind the children to listen to directions and educational instructions
Bellaboo's Play and Discovery Center is designed for children to explore and learn. We ask that all visitors, children and adults, to Bellaboo's treat all other guests in the facility in a safe and respectful manner to maximize everyone’s experience. Treat others as you would like to be treated (no hitting, tugging, yelling). With your help, we can ensure your trip will be effortless and enjoyable for all who are visiting. Regretfully, groups that violate the general rules of the facility or display unruly behavior may be declined the opportunity to schedule a future event.
New! Automatic Rebooking
Make sure to let our Education Manager knows you want to come back next year. Email Bellaboo's to save your spot.
We reserve the right to make changes to Discovery Trips programs. Free Play is optional when time permits.