Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Tickets must be purchased in advance, no tickets will be available at the door!**
Sale Date: Wednesday, August 23 at 5:00-7 PM at Deep River Waterpark
Ticket Cost: $10 per person. Max 15 tickets per person.
Children 2 & under do not need a ticket but will be required to sit on a lap during the hayride portion of the event.
You may line up early and bring chairs, but please no beach umbrellas.
Any remaining tickets will be available for sale ONLINE here on Thursday, August 24th at 9 AM
For more information about online ticket sales and how to buy online click here.
** Please be wary of purchasing tickets from a person after the sale date. While there are legitimate reasons why someone may resell tickets (change of plans, family emergencies, etc.) we have also seen a DRAMATIC increase in false or scam "sales" on social media for all of our park events. Lake County Parks is not responsible for resold or fraudulent tickets.
Some tips to help protect you (and your pocketbook!)
- If you're buying from someone, try to buy from someone you know (or someone who someone you know knows)
- Ask to see the physical tickets. We do not sell any tickets online, and a physical ticket is required so if someone is offering to email you tickets they're not telling the truth.
- Plan to meet in person at the Lake County Parks Main Office to exchange tickets for cash. 1. Scammers usually don't want to meet in person and 2. We'll be able to confirm that the tickets are legitimate.
- Pay cash or send money digitally only after you have the tickets.
- If the person selling your tickets asks you for any codes to confirm you're a real buyer, don't do it! The only information you should need to give to any seller is where you plan to meet to get the tickets.
What is Legend of Sleepy Hollow?
Lake County Parks Legend of Sleepy Hollow event is a dramatic & interactive retelling of the headless horseman tale. You'll purchase tickets for a showtime, and with a group your guide will take you around Buckley Homestead as it's dressed up as the Village of Sleepy Hollow. You become a part of the story as you talk to townspeople and keep an eye out for Ichabod Crane.
The story is suspenseful and being outside in the lantern-lit park at night can feel eerie, but this is not a frightful or haunted event. Parents of young children should consider the spookability of their child and may want to opt for an earlier (and in turn less dark) show.
2023 Show Dates
Friday & Saturday, September 8 & 9 and 15 & 16
Buckley Homestead County Park.
Park in the visitor center lot and line up for your scheduled time.
Reminder! No tickets are available at the door!